This is the perfect recipe to try if you are short on time. All the flavor of gumbo without all the work!
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 lg green pepper, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ pound polish sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 25 oz jar MEESH’S Marinara
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- ¾ lb uncooked, peeled and deveined medium shrimp
Brown or white rice cooked according to package directions
In a large sauce pan heat oil over med-high heat. Add in onion, pepper, and celery. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add sausage and brown. Approximately 3 minutes. Add the rest of ingredients through cayenne pepper. Bring to boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes. Add shrimp and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
Add a scoop of rice to each bowl and ladle gumbo on top. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.