I have been making this for years, and everyone asks for seconds. They have no idea how many calories you can cut with just a few changes! Also it is ready in about 30 mins and you most likely have all you need in your house!
Feeds 6 starving people, 8 hungry people
- 8 Chicken Cutlets
- 2 Jars Meesh’s marinara (traditional or no salt no sugar added)
- 4 egg whites
- 1.5 cups of seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup of 2% mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan chesse
- ½ pound whole wheat pasta, your choice of shape
Pre- Heat oven to 375
- Split your egg whites from yolks in a bowl( you can put the yolks in a baggie and save them or another recipe that only needs yolks!) and wisk together gently
- You will need a 8×13 inch pan. Coat the bottom of the pan with about 1/3 of a jar of MEESH’s Marinara Sauce.
- Take your chicken cutlet and coat it with the egg whites, then coat cutlet with whole wheat bread crumbs. Place cutlet in the pan and repeat with remaining chicken. When all chicken pieces are in the pan, spray the chicken with a little cooking spray.
- Place pan of chicken in the pre-heated oven for 5-6 mins.
- Pull the chicken out of the oven, turn oven down to 350, cover chicken with about 1 Jar of MEESH’s marinara sauce. Put back in oven.
- Cook about 17 mins or until 165 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking, boil your pasta, drain, and cover with MEESH’s sauce.
- When chicken is ready, pull out of the oven and cover with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Put back in the oven for 5 mins.
- When cheese is melted take right to the table with a the bowl of pasta on the side and extra MEESHA’s on the side to add to your meal.
- No pan frying, no oil. A small amount of cooking spray give the effect.
- Whole wheat bread crumbs
- Whole wheat pasta
- 2 Percent cheese
About the Author:
Shannon Allitt is the owner of Berrylicious Bouquets. She makes custom Chocolate covered strawberry bouquets for your occasion. Bouquets come in 5 different sizes, from a 12 to 75 berries to brighten your day or event. Delivery is avalible from lake george to albany. Not only does Shannon have a passion for working with chocolate and strawberries she is also an avid cook and loves throwing parties. She has a slew of recipes that she has taken from high caloric, sodium and fat content and made them delicious and heart healthy. You can see more Berrylicious Bouquets at www.BerryliciousBouquets.com