Tomato Bacon Jam Recipe
This is a sweet and savory spread that can be used on burgers, eggs or anything else you can think of. Get creative!
- 1lb sliced uncured bacon; cut into about half inch pieces
- 3/4 jar MEESH’S® Marinara
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar, if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
In a large saucepan, cook the bacon over medium low heat until fat is rendered and it is crispy and deep golden brown in color. Drain grease. Add vinegar to deglaze the pan. Be sure to get the sides!
Add all the other ingredients to pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Adjust heat to keep gently simmering sauce until it reduces to a thick syrup consistency. This will take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.